|Annual General Meeting 2009|
To be held at The Reception Room , Town Hall House on 10 October 2009 at 1.30pm
• President’s Report
• Treasurer’s Report
• Election of Committee
All positions are to be vacated whilst elections take place. Councillor Phillip Black will chair the meeting during the Election of Executive and Committee Members.
• Welcome to committee members by incoming President
• Notice of Motion
In recognition of changes to the Associations Incorporation Act, the Committee resolved that the following resolution be put to the 2009 Annual General Meeting:
- That the Association elect a member of the Association at the Annual General Meeting as Association Trustee. The role of the Association Trustee would be to verify that the Yearly Statement of Income and Expenditure reflects the financial position of the Association as evidenced by the financial records kept by the Treasurer. Where no member outside of the Executive Committee nominates for the position, then a member of the Committee who is not a signatory to the accounts can nominate for the position. Where no Association member nominates for the position, the Committee is empowered to appoint any competent person as Association Trustee who is not a member of the Committee. The Association Trustee would report to the Annual General Meeting that either the accounts were in order or that an irregularity existed for the consideration of members.
- Upon appointment to the position, the Association Trustee will verify the 2009 Statement of Income and Expenditure presented to the meeting and report back to the Committee and the subsequent Annual General Meeting.
- That the Annual General Meeting has the power to require the Committee to engage a qualified auditor where a member raises any issue regarding the financial records and/or activities of the Association.
- That the Committee takes the necessary steps to incorporate these provisions into its Constitution made under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 prior to the next Annual General Meeting.
• General Business